Diwali or Deepavali, the festival of lights is also a popular and major Indian Hindu festival. It is basically celebrated with Diya/Deepa or lights across India. The whole nation lights up this day with diya, firecrackers, candles, new clothes, and also lots of Diwali-related popular recipes, sweets, desserts, and munching snacks that can be prepared at home with Rice Bran Oil.
In India, festivals have always been one of the most important days of our lives. We know that Each festival, planning, preparation, recipes, and celebration easily begins 2 weeks prior to most households. It is not only preparing the recipes but planning what we can do differently this year.
Instant Homemade Jalebi
Who doesn’t like Jalebis? Jalebi is not just another dessert. It’s an emotion that enhances happiness into infinity as a part of popular recipes. Therefore we’ll be sharing with you a special Instant Home-made Jalebi. This is a quick recipe that can be prepared within 25 minutes approx and carries no fermentation runs here but still when you taste it, it will be highly porous and crunchy.
- 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 3 Teaspoon, Cornflour/Cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoon, Ghee
- 2 Teaspoons, Yogurt
- 1/4th Teaspoon, Salt
- 1/4th Cup, Water
- 1 Teaspoon,Eno Fruit Salt
- 1 Cup, Sugar
- 1 Cup, Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon, Lemon Juice
- Rice Bran Oil
- Sauce bottle, Piping bag or Ziploc bag
- First, keep the sugar syrup way ahead prepared to cook.
- Use a saucepan add sugar and water and let it cook on low to medium flame until it is thick.
- Once its done, add some lemon juice.
- Keep cooking and mixing them well and keep them on the lowest flame.
- When the sugar syrup cooks, keep the ghee or healthy oil to heat in a deep frying pan to fry the Jalebi.
- Now, in a mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the batter except water and Eno Fruit salt and Mix them well.
- Now slowly add some water little by little to form a soft batter and Make sure the batter is not thick.
- Now add Eno fruit salt and Mix gently. The batter will turn airy and light.
- Pour everything into a sauce bottle or Ziploc bag.
- When the rice bran oil is hot, slowly drop the jalebi in the cooking oil forming overlapping circles.
- Fry them on low to medium flame till crisp till becomes syrupy drain and arrange them on a plate as the best cooking recipe
Instantly Baked Samosa Recipe
We cannot move forward without adding a fast-paced crispy samosa because if there was ever a definitive Indian snack prepared on Diwali as the best cooking recipe. it would definitely be the samosa! Samosas are smooth thin buttery pastry dough loaded to the insights with spiced golden brown potatoes and green peas, then cooked in one of the various cooking methods.
To prepare recipes for Diwali like the Diwali special Samosa you will be needing the most pungent and ever-useful easy methods.
1. All-purpose flour or during the festivals its better if we stick to more like a bit healthier, stick to organic or unbleached kind of flour.
2. Carom Seeds or oregano
3. Jeevan Rekha’s Rice Bran Oil
4. Cold Water
As for the Stuffing
- Rice Bran oil
- Cumin Seeds:
- Garam Masala
- Crushed Coriander Seeds
- Red Chili Powder:
- Mango Powder
- Green Potatoes
- Peas or Frozen peas
- Add flour, salt, and carom seeds to the food processor jar. Add oil while running the machine on low speed, until the flour absorbs the cooking oil and looks crumbly.
- Alternatively, add the ingredients to a large bowl, add oil and rub with your fingers till it gets crumbly. Check if the dough is ready for water and press a small portion between your palm.
- Add some water, a little at a time, and knead on low speed until a firm dough is formed knead until the dough ball is formed.
Preparation for the Stuffing
1. Take a large kadai with 2 tsp of Rice Bran edible oil and saute it 1 tsp cumin, ½ tsp coriander seeds, ½ tsp fennel, and pinch hing.
2. This will be followed by 1 inch ginger and 1 chili , followed by ½ cup peas and saute them all for 2 minutes.
3. Add around ½ tsp chili powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp amchur, ½ tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp pepper and ¾ tsp salt.
4. The next job is to add around 4 boiled and mashed potatoes and mash them well.
5. The next part is to knead the dough. And roll the dough into the oval shape and cut them into half and form a cone adding the stuffing inside.
6. Pull back and create the pleats and later seal the ends.
7. The next important job is to pour the samosas into the burning rice bran oil.
8. Serve them hot, crispy, and ready as the best cooking recipes for Diwali.
Diwali Instant Chakli
Chakli is one of the oldest and the most traditional recipes for Diwali snacks prepared in the most amazing way. This famous Chakli recipe, which is a deep-fried one, incorporates a combination of rice flour, gram flour, and various types of spices for a light and crispy snack that will make us feel more at home. This is an Instant Chakli recipe which is a very savory treat that you will love chewing & munching around anytime sooner!
The best cooking recipe is popular almost everywhere and it proudly holds several traditional names. For that matter, they are not only lovely but are light and crunchy spiral-like the shape of fried dough with rice bran oil.
- All-purpose flour
- Gram flour
- Rice Flour
- Spices like red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric, hing (asafoetida), and salt are to be used.
- Seeds like carom seeds (ajwain), cumin seeds (jeera), and white sesame are needed.
- Use healthy fats like rice bran healthy oil as it will help make the chakli crispy.
- Rice Bran healthy Oil for frying as they have a high smoke point.
- Use hot water for making the dough.
- Use a Chakli press machine to form the shapes.
The preparation method of the Chakli dish
- Principally you need to combine around 1 cup of rice flour and take about half a cup of gram flour also known as besan which you can assemble in a large mixing bowl.
- gram flour is another version of Ground flour that is prepared out of our made from chana dal or Bengal gram.
- Make sure you don’t use any kind of chickpea flour.
- You can add about half a teaspoon of carom seeds, half a teaspoon of cumin seeds with around 1 tablespoon of white sesame seeds.
- Add a few teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder,
- Lastly an ample pinch of asafoetida and salt according to the taste & needs!
- Most importantly add a mixture of butter and edible oil to the chakli flour
- Keep adding water to the dough till it’s good enough to be formed into the chakli shapes!
Now then the celebration of Diwali is not subjected to any one community but also celebrated by other religions as well as a collective festival of happiness! However, one must always take up the responsibility of using the best kind of edible oil in preparing dishes that lowers Cholesterol, is the perfect balance giver between Mufa & Pufa and carries lots of antioxidants like oryzanol that is the Jeevan Rekha’s Rice Bran Oil.