If Winter comes can cauliflowers be far behind? Not happening! The Winter cauliflower recipe is the most sorted and likable vegetable during the freezing month of December, January, and February. This specialty is quite irresistible in the Northern part of India; it has been specifically proven that the north Indian’s are respective towards the food of every state and brim up to create the most delicious recipes to carry forward. Spices preserve the food for a good time enhancing the taste of the dish likewise, the cauliflower does the very best to satisfy the Indians and even the tourists to the highest level of food-full ecstasy.
Jeevan Rekha’s Rice Bran Oil has the best among the rest recipes which would suffice the winter taste buds of India. In any case, cauliflower has several advantages to consume it on a regular basis. To begin with, if you prepare the cauliflower recipe then it would benefit you with various nutritional benefits, with high fiber intake, a rich source of antioxidants, and above all is the best low carb alternative for the one’s who want to procure a good fitness strategy.
Authentic Cauliflower Curry Recipe
This is a truly vegan recipe that can be cooked in one pot and will serve the entire family with a warm significance. This curry recipe starts with the rice bran oil prior to its preparation with onions, garlic, and ginger paste or whole. Large flavor can enhance this food a great deal. Since this curry is Indian-propelled, we suggest you utilize simultaneous flavors to layer rich flavor into the dish. We’ve kept this procedure basic by just employing the cauliflower curry intake we love a short fixing list-yet there are numerous other amazing vegetables you can add assuming you’re feeling fantastic! In case a vegetarian item bothers you too much then take the off chance because you do not go meatless, a cup or two of crushed chicken is amazing. Potatoes are an exemplary fixing in Indian cauliflower curry and would be heavenly in this curry.
The potential use of these vegetables like Peas, Chickpeas, Broccoli, Carrots, and Potatoes are more than enough to make your dinner best among the rest you can serve with Indian bread or fried rice.
Ingredients required to prepare the cauliflower recipe
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 cardamom pod, seeds only
- 1 tsp dried curry leaves
- 2 tbsp of Rice Bran Oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 red onions, diced
- 1 entire cauliflower, including stem and leaves, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 250ml coconut/ usual milk
- 1 lime, juiced
This might sound quite high kinds of stuff but they are very general in any case. We can prepare something seriously significant through it.
1. To begin with this recipe you need to follow these steps for a better result. Heat a cooker or cooking pan over high heat. Use the best rice bran oil available which in our case is Jeevan Rekha rice bran oil which can contain high heat potential. Keep stirring the edible oil till you add the fenugreek, some coriander, and enough cardamom seeds and curry leaves which are usually used in the south Indian dishes, and toast them for around 2 mins or until starting to show the golden-brown color and release their amazing aromas. Release and grind to a powder utilizing a pestle or spice grinder.
2. Return the cooker to the high heat zone and add the rice bran oil. Add all the required spices and cook them for around 1 to 2 min, then add the previously prepared ginger, garlic, chili, onion, and 1 1/2 tsp salt, and stir-fry around for 10 minutes.
3. Now for the elephant in the room which is the cauliflower, Add a big cauliflower cut it into large pieces, and toss it with the other tasty ingredients so that it will be well coated, then make sure to stir-fry the items for about 10 mins or until the ingredients start to soften. Add the tomato slices one by one and stir-fry for about 5 mins or till they start breaking down for better use!
4. The final part begins by pouring in the milk and cooking the entire thing over medium warmth, stirring, for almost 20 minutes until the beautiful cauliflower curry is delicate and the sauce has thickened and reduced. Now is the time to squeeze over the lime juice and check for seasoning. Can be made a day ahead – pour in the coconut milk, reduce it by half, then leave to cool and keep in the fridge. This sort of consistency goes well with all kinds of Tagalog stuff like warm rice or Indian bread like Chapatti’s, Parathas, etc.
5. Spice Tips to Spice up the entire cauliflower recipe. The recipe uses all kinds of red chili powder and garam masala in the maximum quantity. You can adjust the quantity into equal ratios but you can, by all means, adjust the masala or substitute it with pav bhaji masala, sambhar masala, your expectation will enhance the subtle taste of this curry. The strong aroma is the pedestal of this recipe which can be settled by using the bay leaves for that matter. The consistency of the gravy is directly according to your choice of things. Garnish it with coriander leaves of spinach leaves to serve it better. This is the best light-hearted recipe that can be used to spice up the dish a great deal more which can be prepared within 30 minutes.
Let’s give a big shout-out to the cauliflower curry recipes of the north starting from the curry-related recipes. The foundation of this recipe started when we as a majority decided to commence cutting down on our meat content by incorporating at least one vegetarian alternative to the dinner at least once a week in our houses. As we stretch our brains for winter dinner ideas, a good veggie curry recipe was the first specialty that comes to our mind.